B.S. Food Science from North Carolina State University in 1997
M.S. Food Science from North Carolina State University in 2000
Thesis title: Gelling properties of isolate from a high protein soybean cultivar and its functionality in a comminuted meat system
Foods inherently have different physical and chemical properties that vary based on a given set of conditions. By understanding these properties, food manufacturers can gain insight into how process modifications may affect their product. Currently, I am examining the properties of foams (meringues and angel food cakes) and nutritional and sports drink formulations.
Laboratory instructor for Chemistry of Food and Bioprocessed Materials
Instructor for The Science of Food Preparation
1. Luck, P.J., Foegeding, E.A. 2008. The role of copper in protein foams. Food Biophysics. Accepted for publication.
2. Foegeding, E. A., Luck, P. J. and Davis, Jack P. 2006. Factors determining the physical properties of foams. Food Hydrocolloids. 20:284-292.
3. Pernell, C.W., Luck, P.J., Foegeding, E.A., and Daubert, C.D. 2002. Heat-induced changes in angel food cake containing egg white protein and whey protein isolate. Journal of Food Science. 67(8):2945-2951.
4. Pernell, C.W., Foegeding, E.A., Luck, P.J. and Davis, J.P.. 2001. Properties of Whey and Egg White Protein Foams. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 204(1-3):9-21.
5. Luck, P.J., Bray, Noel and Foegeding, E.A. 2002. Factors Determining Yield Stress and Overrun of Whey Protein Foams. Journal of Food Science. 67(5):1677-1681.
6. Luck, P.J., Lanier, T.C., Daubert, C.R. and Kwanyuen, P. 2002. Viscoelastic behavior of commercially processed soy isolate pastes during heating and cooling. Journal of Food Science. 67(4):1379-1382.
Books and Book Chapters
1. Vardhanabhuti, B., Luck, P.J. and Foegeding, E. A. 2009. Whey protein products. In Encyclopedia of Dairy Sciences. Ed. J. Roginski, P.F. Fox, and J.W. Fuquay.
2. Foegeding, E. A. and Luck, P.J. 2002. Whey protein products. In Encyclopedia of Dairy Sciences. Ed. J. Roginski, P.F. Fox, and J.W. Fuquay.
Award for Excellence awarded by North Carolina State University, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences in 2011