There's a lot of decisions to make and information to know when starting a food business in North Carolina. The NCSU Department of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences can help you get started. To find specific information for your business situation, please read the following scenarios:
- "I have a recipe my family and friends like and I'm just checking to find out what it would take to produce and sell it."
- II plan to produce my product in my home and will market it myself."
- "I plan to have someone else produce my product and I will direct the marketing and selling."
- "I plan to make a product in my restaurant and sell it packaged directly to customers or use a broker."
- "I would like to get into the catering business."
- Click here to read about Catering regulations.