- B.A. Biology, Appalachian State University
- Ph.D. Biochemistry, North Carolina State University
Areas of Interest:
- Bioactive Milk Proteins/Peptides
- Food Protein Functionality
- Biofuel Industry
- Design of Protease Modified Cellulolytic Enzymes with High Catalytic Functionality
- Pilot-scale Continuous Flow Microwave Pretreatment of Switchgrass
- Continuous Production and Extraction of Oils and Beta Carotene from Marine Algae
- Clare DA and Daubert CR. (2011) Expanded Functionality of Modified Whey Protein Dispersions after Transglutaminase Catalysis. Journal of Food Science 76: C576-C584.
- Mudgal P, Daubert CR, Clare DA, and Foegeding EA. (2011) Disulfide interactions and hydrolysis effects on β-lg thermal aggregation. J. Agric. Food Chem. 59: 1491–1497.
- Clare DA and Daubert CR. (2010) Transglutaminase Catalysis of Modified Whey Protein Dispersions. Journal of Food Science 75: C369-C377.
- Lillard JS, Clare DA, and Daubert CR. (2009) Expanding the Utility of a modified Whey Protein Ingredient via Carbohydrate Conjugation. Journal of Dairy Science 92: 35-48.
- Clare DA, Gharst G, Maleki SJ, and Sanders TH. (2008) Effects of Transglutaminase Catalysis on the Functional and Immunoglobulin Binding Properties of Peanut Flour Dispersions Containing Casein. J. Agric. Food Chem. 56: 10913–10921.
- Clare DA, Zheng Z, Hassan HM, Swaisgood HE, and Catignani GL. (2008) Antibacterial Proteins/Peptides Associated with Milkfat Globule Membrane Fractions. Journal of Food Protection 71: 126-133.
- Clare DA and Swaisgood HE. (2000) Bioactive Milk Peptides: A Prospectus. Journal of Dairy Science 83:1187–1195.
- Institute of Food Technologists
- American Dairy Science Association
- American Chemical Society
1998 - Vernooij, B., Clare, D.A., Chandler, D.B., and Kramer, K., World Patent Number: (WO/1998/006860), Peptide with Inhibitory Activity Towards Plant Pathogenic Fungi
2009- Daubert, C.R., Pichan, P., Clare, D.A., and Lillard, J.S., US Patent No. 0035445-A1: Modified protein-based low carbohydrate food ingredient and process for making the same.